Are you planning a money fair with the students in your financial education course? Here is a list of topics related to the financial matters taught in the course.
Financial Matters: Consuming Goods and Services
The Consumption Phenomenon
- How do I avoid being tempted to shop?
- Understand supply and demand in under a minute.
- Are the (GST) and (TVQ) taxable?
- Easy budgeting tips
- What are taxes for?
- I want to protect myself. How do I make good purchases?
- Fixed and variable expenses? How do I budget better?
- Budgeting apps
- As a student, do I also have to pay taxes?
- What are the consequences of working under the table?
Rights, Responsibilities, and Recourse
- What are my rights as a consumer?
- How do I avoid getting burned by the fine print?
- Who protects the consumer?
- How do I resolve a dispute with a merchant?
- What are the rights and obligations of merchants?
- What are the responsibilities of merchants?
- What is an itinerant business?
- How do I protect myself against Internet fraud?
- How do I protect myself against Internet identity theft?
- What do I do if my banking information is stolen?
- What is credit?
- What is a credit report used for?
- Tips for maintaining a good credit report
- How do I avoid falling victim to the credit trap?
- When it comes to variable credit, what are my rights and responsibilities?
- Is declaring bankruptcy the answer?
- When can I be asked for a deposit?
- What are my responsibilities to an endorser?
- Credit: good or bad?
- How does a credit card work?
The Role of Advertising
- Advertising: I have style!
- Advertising: What it’s all about!
- Advertising: Follow to the law!
- Advertising: Avoid traps!
- Advertising: Make me laugh!
- Why save?
- How do I save?
- Chequing or savings? That is the question!
- Introduction to RRSPs, RESPs, and TFSAs
- What do I do with my piggy bank?
Financial Matters: Getting into the workforce
- What are my rights if I work before the age of 16?
- Do I get paid breaks and lunch?
- How much do I get paid for overtime?
- Do I receive tips?
- What are the statutory holidays and how much am I paid on these days?
- Do I get paid vacation?
- I’m quitting my job. Am I entitled to severance pay?
- What is psychological harassment?
- How do I understand a collective agreement?
- What is a probationary period?
- What steps do I take to resolve a dispute with my employer?
- What organization can help me if I have a conflict at work?
- I take care of children. What are my rights?
- I work on a farm. Do I have rights?
- What are the rights guaranteed by the Charter of human rights?
- Am I exempt from labour standards laws?
- What are my employer’s duties?
- My employer is making me wear a uniform. What are my rights?
- I was injured at work. Do I have rights?
- Unions: a 10-part explainer.
- I want to understand my pay!
- How is the tax on my pay calculated?
- Do students have to pay taxes?
- What is the Quebec Pension Plan?
- Understanding my union dues.
- Pay equity: Mission Accomplished?
- What do I do with my pay?
- Am I well-paid?
- Do I have the right to employment insurance?
- Parental insurance plans: what are our rights?
- What are taxes for?
- Introduction to taxes
- Income tax brackets: does it pay to be paid more?
- Introduction to filing income tax returns
- How do I file my tax return?
- My parents and my taxes: who is entitled to what?
- Employment insurance-: eligibility criteria
- Employment insurance-: exceptions
- Understanding the unemployment rate
- Understanding the difference between employment insurance and social assistance
- What is social assistance in Quebec?
- Against social assistance bias
- Who is social assistance for?
- Working while going to school: What an advantage!
- What to watch out for when working while going to school
- 10 tips for balancing work and school
- What are the work-study programs offered by financial aid offices?
- Which employers are certified by the Programme Conciliation étude-travail?
- Inquiry-: tax evasion! (explaining tax evasion)
- Inquiry-: the repercussions of tax evasion
- Inquiry-: the repercussions of working under the table
- Inquiry-: are student jobs tax evasion?
- Inquiry-: how do I avoid committing tax evasion?
- Inquiry-: making easy money and avoiding taxes – Be aware!
- Inquiry-: how to report suspected tax evasion
Financial Matters: Continuing Education
- How do I determine what salary I deserve?
- I receive tips. What do I need to declare?
- Introduction to job searching
- Where do I look for jobs?
- What is ‘commission’?
- How do I choose the right job?
- My parents are my employers. What are my rights?
- At what age can I start working?
- Introduction to job interviews
- An Introduction to CVs
- How do I pay for my education?
- When should I starting think about how I’m going to pay for my education?
- Introduction to tuition / Tuition: you do the math!
- Introduction to budgeting / Stress-free budgeting
- Introduction to RESPs and education savings funds / How to use RESPs
- Are you ready to pay for school?
- Do I really need to plan for the cost of my education?
Paying for Vocal Training in Secondary School and Postsecondary Education
- Do loans need to be paid back?
- Paying for school, 911!! –
- Introduction to student loans / Are student loans right for me?
- Introduction to scholarships / How to get scholarships
- Introduction to personal student loans / Education and financial institutions
- How to pay for school if you have no money
- 10 tips for better planning your studies
- Is debt-free education possible?
- How to survive student loan debt
- Marriage for loans and scholarships: myth or reality?